The Cane Thumper was designed by Elite Series pro Dean Rojas and is an extremely versatile finesse swimbait. Throw it weightless, or use it as a trailer - either way, bass love it. Read our Big Bite Baits Cane Thumper review.
- Available in 3.5, 4.25, and 5 inches
- Plenty channels and grooves in the design allowing it to collapse when bitten, this helps get the hook point out of the bait and into the fish's mouth
- Versatile and suitable for virtually any swimming technique
Reasons to buy
- Incredibly effective as a standalone swimbait or on the back of a chatterbait or swim jig according to anglers who use them
- Three different size options make it suitable for power fishing and finesse presentations
- Subtle action is hard to ignore for any finicky bass
- Fantastic, streamlined swimming action
- Diverse array of color options available
Reasons not to buy
- Some customers have complained about bent tails when taking their cane thumpers out of the bag for the first time
- Some customers complain about a lack of durability
Reviews from our Readers
The Big Bite Baits Cane Thumper is a really solid swimbait, whether used by itself or on the back of a jig or chatterbait. the ribbed body keeps this bait flexible during the hook set which is vital to get the hook point out of the bait, resulting in a good hook up ratio. The bait has a lifeline but subtle action which seems to consistently elicit strikes from both hungry and finicky bass.
The three size options and vast array of colors open up a multitude of suitable presentations for this bait.
About the brand
Big Bite Baits have quickly become one of the most innovative and popular soft plastic brands within the bass fishing industry. They offer a wide variety of soft plastics, and pride themselves in providing affordable, durable baits that get many bites because of their natural, yet attractive action.
Some of the most popular Big Bite Baits soft plastics:
Just a few of the professionals that Big Bite Baits work with:
- Dean Rojas
- Russ Lane
- Jeff Kriet