The Premier is one of St. Croix's more budget-friendly options and has gained serious popularity over the years. The rod includes St. Croix's finest blanks, which have been modified for a lightweight feel and impressive sensitivity. This is a solid all-purpose option from a brand known for their reliability and durability.
Reasons to buy
- Double-cured SCII graphite blank is tough and precisely balanced
- Variety of different models for different techniques. The series also includes a moderate taper - ideal for crankbaits
- Perfectly balanced and very light - comfortable to fish with for the long hours
- Split grip with premium cork is comfortable and weather resistant
- Fuji ECS reel seat is reliable and geared for sensitivity
- Some anglers say you'll struggle to find a better rod in this price region
Reasons not to buy
- There aren't many reviews on this rod, so we're unable to give a full lowdown - however, we've only read positive reviews
Reviews from our Readers
The Premier Split-Grip is one of St. Croix's middle of the range options which many anglers have recommended. This rod is said to compete with any rod near this price range, and is a high quality all purpose rod.
About the brand
St. Croix rods provide performance options to all anglers. With rods for every application and technique, their complete collections offer choices in size, power and action, so you'll never need to compromise.
St. Croix have become one of the most powerful brands in rod development, and there's no surprise that they have produced some of finest technique-specific rods that bass fishing has ever seen.
A few professionals that work with St. Croix:
- Scott Rook
- Matt Massey
- Jesse Wiggins