The Dream Shot is the drop shotter's version of the legendary Caffeine Shad. This soft plastic is optimized purely for drop shot rigging. This is our complete Strike King Dream Shot review.
- Available in 4.25 and 5 inches
- Finesse worm
- Shakes and shimmys with minimal movement of rod tip
- Quickly becoming one of the most popular baits for drop shot
Reasons to buy
- This bait requires very little movement of the rod tip in order to get that lifelike presentation
- Packed with salt which adds weight, enticing the bass to hold on for longer
- Coffee scent which Strike King has implemented in many of their baits - for some reason it gets plenty of bites!
- Optimized for drop shot rigging - one of the most successful techniques, especially for finicky bass
- Unique blend of colors ranging from natural to more shock patterns
- Many anglers feel that a single bait can handle up to 5 fish (durability-wise)
- Smallmouth absolutely love this bait
- Designed by KVD, who has used his crazy experience in the technique
Reasons not to buy
- Some anglers feel these baits are too soft - even though they get plenty of bites
Reviews from our Readers
The Dream Shot OPT has a supple and lifelike action which is exactly what Kevin VanDam was going for. These baits are designed to fish all kinds of waters, whether it's deep drop-offs or spawn beds.
The hinged tail on the Dream Shot gives the bait that little extra lifelike action and the beauty about this lure is that there is very little movement of the rod required in order to give it the most attractive action to bass.
If you're new to drop shot - grab a bag of these. If you're already a master, you know the power of this softbait.
About the brand
Strike King is an ever-famous brand within the bass industry which began in 1966. They started out as single bladed spinnerbaits, and quickly grew into one of the most diverse and respected lure brands. Strike King is arguably the most successful bait brand in bass fishing, and continues to develop innovative lures with the help of some of the finest professionals the sport has to offer.
Some of Strike King's most famous soft baits:
A few professional who Strike King work with:
- Kevin VanDam
- Brian Latimer
- Greg Hackney