The Hybrid Hunter is unmistakable thanks to its unusual L-shaped lip. It is a crankbait that creates huge thump and noise in the water, making it a fantastic search bait for stained or murky water. It also comes through grass incredibly well thanks a unique bill shape.
- Distinctive, L-Shaped lip
- Dives 1 - 5 feet
- Flat sided body shape
- Huge thump and loud rattle sound
Reasons to buy
- Thumping, exaggerated action that creates a huge amount of noise underwater
- Extremely versatile, Todd Castledine says it can be used in situations where many anglers would throw a crankbait, jerkbait, lipless crankbait or swimbait
- Does very well in stained or murky water thanks to the aggressive action and rattle
- Comes through grass better than just about any other crankbait
- Deflects off cover very effectively
- Great range of popular Strike King color options
Reasons not to buy
- Some complaints about the back hook being a little too small, and that causing fish to sometimes swipe and miss the bait
Reviews from our Readers
The Strike King Hybrid Hunter is a unique take on a crankbait that has really turned some heads. The flat-sided body coupled with a unique, L-shaped lip creates a tight, but aggressive action with plenty thump. It also creates huge noise underwater. Overall it is a very effective bait for finding fish in stained or murky conditions as a result.
Additionally, the bait comes through grass very well thanks to a unique shaped bill, allowing anglers to fish a crankbait in conditions where you would never usually be able to throw a crankbait.
A must-try for any angler looking to optimize the versatility of their crankbait game.
How do you fish a Hybrid Hunter?
While the Hybrid Hunter can be fished in areas with sparse underwater cover just like a standard crankbait, its standout features is its ability to come through grass. While most crankbaits will get stuck quickly when coming through grass, the Hybrid Hunter does a great job of preventing hang ups. When it does hang up, a quick pop of the rod is usually enough to break it free.
About the brand
Strike King is an ever-famous brand within the bass industry which began in 1966. They started out as single bladed spinnerbaits, and quickly grew into one of the most diverse and respected lure brands. Strike King is arguably the most successful bait brand in bass fishing, and continues to develop innovative lures with the help of some of the finest professionals the sport has to offer.
Some of Strike King's most famous soft baits:
A few professional who Strike King work with:
- Kevin VanDam
- Brian Latimer
- Greg Hackney