The Rage Bug is a simple but effective creature bait that is incredibly effective behind a jig or as a standalone flipping bait. A consistent, subtle action is the key. Read our full Strike King Rage Bug review.
- 4 inches
- Designed to be used behind the DB Structure head but also works well as a standalone flipping bait
- Consistent but somewhat subtle action
Reasons to buy
- Super effective bait when used behind a DB structure head, behind a jig or as a standalone flipping bait
- The appendages of this lure create a subtle action that grabs the attention of bass, even at slow retrieval speeds
- Great soft/hard balance in terms of material consistency. Not too hard that bass drop them quickly but not too soft that they tear too easily when catching multiple fish on the same lure
- Customers say this is a great bait to turn to when the bite is tough. It often triggers an aggressive reaction bite from finicky bass
- Popular go to creature bait amongst amateur and pro anglers
Reasons not to buy
- Some say that for the price, it could be more durable
- Limbs can be a little flimsy and sometimes fall off after only a few fish
Reviews from our Readers
The Strike King Rage Bug is no newcomer to the world of creature baits! This bait is very popular and for good reason, it gets a huge amount of bites, even when the bite is tough. This is an effective bait to fish as a trailer or as a standalone bait on a Texas rig and takes the place of "go-to" creature bait in many anglers' tackle boxes.
One thing to consider when purchasing this lure is durability as some customers have complained that it doesn't hold out well enough when catching multiple fish. If that is not an issue and you want a consistent, fish catching creature bait, go ahead and grab a few bags!
About the brand
Strike King is an ever-famous brand within the bass industry which began in 1966. They started out as single bladed spinnerbaits, and quickly grew into one of the most diverse and respected lure brands. Strike King is arguably the most successful bait brand in bass fishing, and continues to develop innovative lures with the help of some of the finest professionals the sport has to offer.
Some of Strike King's most famous soft baits:
A few professional who Strike King work with:
- Kevin VanDam
- Brian Latimer
- Greg Hackney