Sunline Super FC Sniper offers a truly impressive combination of low memory, small diameter, sensitivity, and strength. It's not cheap, but its tough to beat its quality.
- Incredibly soft for a fluorocarbon line
- Low memory, an angler's dream for fluorocarbon
- Very strong and abrasion-resistant
Reasons to buy
- It is incredibly soft for fluorocarbon. Some anglers say it literally feels like monofilament in this regard.
- Low memory, always a big plus for fluoro
- Great abrasion-resistance according to anglers who use it
- Many customers say that the knot strength of this line is top class
- Very low visibility underwater
- To top it all off, Sunline Super FC Sniper offers a thin profile/diameter relative to many other brands on the market
- Great sensitivity as you would expect from a high-performance line
Reasons not to buy
- Some users say that they in recent times, spools of Sniper they have purchased had more memory than those they have purchased before
- Its expensive. While it does have some great characteristics one would look for in a fluorocarbon line, some say that the price does not warrant the performance bonus
- It seems as if there are some "bad spools" going around. Some customers have sad that they usually love Sunline Super FC Sniper but have occasionally purchased a spool that has not performed as well as others
Reviews from our Readers
The general consensus on this line based on customer feedback is that it offers great performance and for all intents and purposes, everything one would look for in a high-performance fluorocarbon line. That performance however does come with a hefty price tag, but this is par for the course when it comes to high-quality fluorocarbon products!
Some users have said that they have noticed a decrease in quality of new spools of FC Sniper over the last few years, but these reports are rare. Overall, Sunline Super FC Sniper is a serious contender in the premium fluorocarbon market and sits right up there with the likes of the much loved Seaguar InvizX
If you have some budget and are looking for a line that will offer you a seriously good combination of strength, abrasion-resistance and sensitivity, give Sunline Super FC Sniper a go.
About the brand
Located in Japan, Sunline is a fishing line manufacturer which started in 1977. Sunline manufactures virtually all kinds of fishing line for freshwater and salter, and has quickly become one of the most popular brands for fluorocarbon when it comes to bass fishing. The fundamental concept at Sunline has always been to develop a thinner, but stronger fishing line.
Sunline's most popular line:
A few professionals that Sunline works with:
- Dean Rojas
- Brent Ehrler
- Russ Lane