One of St. Croix's best sellers when it comes to freshwater baitcasting rods, the Mojo Bass offers pretty much everything you need for a productive day on the water. St. Croix includes some of their finest components and features in this somewhat affordable casting rod. 13 model options means you'll be able to find a model for the technique of your choice and there are several all-purpose options in there, as well.
- High modulus SCIII carbon blank
- Kigan Master hand 3D guides with strong aluminum-oxide rings and black frames
- Split grip with premium-grade cork
- Fuji ECS reel seat with black hood
Reasons to buy
- Lightweight design, with impressive sensitivity
- A casting rod designed for bass fishing - strong action with sensitivity that can feel like the smallest bites
- Built on a high-modulus SCIII carbon blank - which is considerably light
- Tough, durable construction that'll last you years
- Versatile casting rod with numerous options for all techniques and line applications
- Saltwater tested
- A great rod for the price you're paying
- St. Croix have an impressive reputation when it comes to casting rods
Reasons not to buy
- Users have had issues with the handle design, saying it is less comfortable than other casting rods
- Anglers have had issues with eye durability, saying that the inner rings come out too easily
- There has been mention of a slightly weaker backbone in this rod
Reviews from our Readers
The St. Croix Mojo Bass is a casting rod that specializes in bass fishing. This super sensitive and tough rod will work perfectly for all kinds of applications and techniques, all at an affordable price.
Some users have had durability issues - specifically with the guides. However, this is an overall immensely popular casting rod which has racked up hundreds of positive reviews from all over. A definitely contender if you're lurking around this price range.
If you're willing to spend a bit more, it might be worth checking out the Avid X.
About the brand
St. Croix rods provide performance options to all anglers. With rods for every application and technique, their complete collections offer choices in size, power and action, so you'll never need to compromise.
St. Croix have become one of the most powerful brands in rod development, and there's no surprise that they have produced some of finest technique-specific rods that bass fishing has ever seen.
A few professionals that work with St. Croix:
- Scott Rook
- Matt Massey
- Jesse Wiggins