The Daiwa Tatula 300 is a heavier baitcasting reel that provides anglers with immense strength to pull those fish out of the danger zones. A larger spool provides anglers with greater casting capability.
- Available in 6.3:1, 7.1:1 and 8.1:1 gear ratios
- 8 ball bearings
- Magnetic braking system
- 28lb max drag
Reasons to buy
- Larger profile baitcasting reel which is geared to throwing and retrieving bigger baits
- Larger spool is great for covering loads of water
- Narrow spool enables better casting distance
- Immensely powerful but smooth drag - capable of handling fish of serious size
- Features Daiwa's popular T-Wing System - which essentially aids the smoothness of line flow
- External Magforce brakes are perfect for adjusting to different lure weights
- Versatile reel that is suitable for all kinds of techniques
- This reel handles salt comfortably
- Core member of the ever-popular and successful Tatula series
Reasons not to buy
- At 11.5 ounces, the Tatula 300 is a considerably heavy reel. This weight may not be suitable for some anglers
- This reel comes at a pretty high price
Reviews from our Readers
Overall, the Tatula 300 is immensely popular member of the Tatula series. This is a heavier reel option, which is extremely powerful and can handle fish of serious size - but with this comes precision, smoothness and versatility.
One key thing to note is that this is a reel suited for fishing bigger profile baits. The reel weighs 11.5 ounces, which may be just too heavy for anglers looking to throw regular size baits.
If you're looking for a 300 sized reel - this is definitely one of the top contenders. If you don't necessarily need a 300 size spool, check out the Tatula 100.
About the brand
Daiwa played a key role in the development of new materials in fishing gear. Daiwa was the first manufacturer in the world to incorporate graphite to both reel bodies and rotors. They also began using densely packed carbon fibers for fishing rods, which created a whole new outlook on rod development.
Daiwa's innovative personality has changed the whole ideology of fishing gear development, and has led to them becoming arguably the biggest name in all fishing. Daiwa also became extremely big in the bass industry, and have some of the most premier reels and rods in their collection.
Some professionals who work with Daiwa:
- Brandon Palaniuk
- Brent Ehrler
- Cody Meyer
- Jared Lintner