The Daiwa Tatula Elite is another powerful baitcasting reel in the Tatula series and has racked up some impressive reviews. This reel provides the ultimate when it comes to accurate casting and is capable of handling all kinds of freshwater species.
- Available in 6.3:1, 7.1:1 and 8.1:1 gear ratios
- 8 ball bearings
- Magnetic braking system
- 11lb max drag
Reasons to buy
- Another immensely popular member of the Tatula series
- Said to feel more premium than other members of the Tatula series
- Users have been raving about the casting distance on this reel, as well as the forgiveness when it comes to backlash
- Many say this reel has the best casting and smoothest retrieval in the Tatula family
- Anglers love the deeper spool in this reel
- Features Daiwa's T-Wing System which promotes better line flow line lay
- Very little effort required to get lures out a great distance
- Versatile reel that can be used for many techniques and lure weights
- Could be the best contender in the Tatula series
- Comfortably fishable in saltwater, provided it is rinsed well after a session
Reasons not to buy
- The price of this reel may be a disheartening factor when looking to buy
Reviews from our Readers
The Tatula Elite has racked up only positive reviews, and the only partially negative factor of this casting reel is the price. The reel is clearly a dream to cast with, and is guaranteed to last you several years on the water. If your budget allows, you can't go wrong with the Tatula Elite. A more affordable option in the Tatula series may be a better option for some anglers - check out the Tatula CT, this reel also has immense reviews.
About the brand
Daiwa played a key role in the development of new materials in fishing gear. Daiwa was the first manufacturer in the world to incorporate graphite to both reel bodies and rotors. They also began using densely packed carbon fibers for fishing rods, which created a whole new outlook on rod development.
Daiwa's innovative personality has changed the whole ideology of fishing gear development, and has led to them becoming arguably the biggest name in all fishing. Daiwa also became extremely big in the bass industry, and have some of the most premier reels and rods in their collection.
Some professionals who work with Daiwa:
- Brandon Palaniuk
- Brent Ehrler
- Cody Meyer
- Jared Lintner