The Custom Lite Speed Stick is Lew's lightest baitcasting rod, but this doesn't mean it's their weakest rod. The Custom Lite is packed with power and backbone to handle any bass in any situation. This rod is not doubt one of Lew's most sensitive casting rods, which is something all of us bass anglers are on the look out for. Modern features such as Winn grips are also added to enhance comfort and sensitivity. This is definitely one of the brands more unique builds.
- Extremely light HM85 Graphite blank
- Stainless steel guides with Titanium-oxide inserts
- Advanced polymer Winn split grip
- Lew's exclusive SoftTouch skeletal reel seat provides direct contact with the blank
Reasons to buy
- HM85 graphite blank which is one of the lightest graphite options, making this rod incredibly light
- Extremely sensitive rod, which will feel the lightest of bites
- A strong, tough backbone which will pull fish out of any cover comfortably
- A wide variety of rod options for different techniques
- Versatile rod which is built for all line applications
- Very durable rod, which will last you years
- Unique and comfortable split Winn grips, which can handle harsh weather conditions
- A very well balanced casting rod
Reasons not to buy
- Some anglers have had issues with the reel seat, having certain branded reels not sitting firmly
- Some users do not enjoy the style of hook keeper - saying the placement is unusual
Reviews from our Readers
The Custom Lite Speed Stick is an extremely lightweight but strong casting rod with immense durability. Lew's offers a wide range of options for this rod, making it suitable for all techniques. Some anglers have had issues with the reel seat, saying some reels just don't sit tightly. However, we have read mostly positive reviews on this rod, and has become a new favorite from Lew's. An affordable option which should definitely be considered. If you're looking for a reel to combine with this option, have a look at the Custom Lite SLP.
About the brand
In 2010 longtime Lew Childre family friend Lynn Reeves relaunched the Lew's brand. Reeves made the promise to return the Lew's name to its place of prominence in the industry. Today, Lew's continues to provide their many avid customers with products that deliver on the promise of innovation, performance and value.
Lew's has become one of the biggest name in bass fishing, and they are working with some of the most successful anglers in the sport to continue their pursuit for innovation and quality.
Professionals that work with Lew's:
- Kevin VanDam
- Brian Latimer
- David Fritts