Seaguar's Gold Label is a new member of the brand's leader line family.
- Impressively soft leader line - perfect for secure knots
- Very thin diameter for presenting baits delicately
- Comes in 25 yard spools
Reasons to buy
- Bass anglers have loved how strong the knots are with this leader line, especially when tying to braid
- One can expect the usual abrasion resistance as you get with top-end Seaguar lines. Perfect for fishing around harsh cover
- The line diameter is extremely thin, perfect for finicky bass in clear water conditions
- You'll struggle to find a better leader line for finesse applications that require braid
- The necessary strength to counter the very thin diameter
- Many anglers love how it matches with the Seaguar Smackdown
- This new line has become a go-to leader line for braid setups for many bass anglers
- Saltwater anglers have commended the strength of this line for salt applications
Reasons not to buy
- Considered on the expensive side - but you're paying for a world class material that presents your bait as naturally as possible
- Otherwise, this line has outstanding reviews!
Reviews from our Readers
Choosing a leader line for braid setups can be a difficult task. We need a fluorocarbon with tight knot strength as well a thin diameter to enhance our application, without losing out on abrasion resistance - sounds pretty daunting, right? From what we've read, as well as our experience with using the Gold Label for throwing weightless wacky rigs, we feel it ticks all the right boxes.
It may be on the pricey side, but one spool should last you a good season on the water as it is only a leader after all, and one leader should easily last you a day on the water!
The Gold Label gets the nod from us, and everyone else it seems!
About the brand
Seaguar's scientists invented fluorocarbon fishing line back in 1971, and it was their goal to pack it with high performance, never-seen-before features to help freshwater anglers everywhere catch more fish.
They are ranked as the best brand when it comes to fluorocarbon, and they are the only company who makes its own resins and controls the process from start to finish. Seaguar has also made the world's only Double Structure fluorocarbon line that combines two exclusive Seaguar resins for high performance fishing.
Seaguar's most popular fluorocarbon fishing lines:
Some of the professionals Seaguar works with:
- Drew Benton
- Matt Becker
- Aaron Britt