100% Fluorocarbon at a small percentage of the price. The Seaguar 101 Basix line turning the budget fluorocarbon market on its head.
- Surprisingly low memory considering its price
- Incredibly affordable when compared to other 100% fluorocarbon lines
- Great manageability, something other budget fluoros struggle with
Reasons to buy
- This line has not been out long so there isn't a mass of feedback to share. So far though, it seems as if customers are overwhelmingly positive about Seaguar Basix
- It is incredibly cheap when you compare it to big players on the market, coming in at only $9.99
- This fluorocarbon line is affordable and supple. Two words that you will not see used together often in a budget fluorocarbon review
- More manageable than its slightly more expensive, Seaguar Red Label cousin
- Great castability and manageability. It may even be supple enough to use on a spinning reel
- Solid strength, knot strength and abrasion resistance
- Overall, it seems like this line really does offer the performance benefits of fluorocarbon at a fair price. Time will tell!
Reasons not to buy
- It is not as good as Invizx, Abrazx or Tatsu. But really... Can we expect it to be at $9.99?
Reviews from our Readers
Up until now, finding a well rounded, pleasant to use fluorocarbon line at a price point anything close to $9.99 has been impossible. Plain and simple. It seems as if Seaguar really may have changed that with Basix. Early reviews point to the fact that this line offers all the key benefits anglers want with fluorocarbon at a fair price, without much compromise on castability and manageability.
This may well be the product that turns the fluorocarbon market on its head and sets a new standard at the lower price point!
Seaguar Basix vs Seaguar Red Label
The key difference between the two fluorocarbon lines is that the Seaguar Basix comes at a much more affordable price as a mainline. In terms of performance, both lines have similar results in terms of abrasion resistance and strength. However, many consider the Basix to have better manageability.
About the brand
Seaguar's scientists invented fluorocarbon fishing line back in 1971, and it was their goal to pack it with high performance, never-seen-before features to help freshwater anglers everywhere catch more fish.
They are ranked as the best brand when it comes to fluorocarbon, and they are the only company who makes its own resins and controls the process from start to finish. Seaguar has also made the world's only Double Structure fluorocarbon line that combines two exclusive Seaguar resins for high performance fishing.
Seaguar's most popular fluorocarbon fishing lines:
Some of the professionals Seaguar works with:
- Drew Benton
- Matt Becker
- Aaron Britt