Solid performance at a seriously good price.
- Outstanding price for a product of this quality
- Solid combination of strength, sensitivity, and low-stretch
- One of the few (if not the only) true budget fluorocarbons that offer solid performance as a mainline
Reasons to buy
- The price. Seaguar Red Label is significantly cheaper than the majority of other popular fluorocarbon products, specifically those that are used as a mainline by anglers
- Used successfully as a mainline or a leader by many anglers
- Solid strength and sensitivity
- Solid castability and overall manageability, especially on baitcasting setups. This is particularly true among lower test (6lbs - 10lbs) variants
- It is very strong with great knot strength
- Many anglers have swapped over to Seaguar Red Label from other, more expensive lines such as Seaguar InvizX due to its low price and solid overall performance
- Perfect for those wanting to try a fluorocarbon line without spending too much
Reasons not to buy
- It is not the most supple fluorocarbon line on the market and does have some memory in comparison to premium, but significantly more expensive competitors
- For most anglers, this line has too much memory to be fished as a mainline on spinning reels
- Not as abrasion resistant as other, more expensive competitors
- Not as supple and manageable as its fellow budget Seaguar product, BasiX
Reviews from our Readers
Saying anything negative about this line genuinely feels unfair due to its seriously solid performance and incredibly low price in a notoriously pricey market. Seaguar Red Label offers a good degree of strength, low-stretch, durability and sensitivity, especially when you consider that it is around $10 cheaper than any of the other big players in the fluorocarbon space.
For the angler who is tired of spending big money on top of the range fluorocarbon lines or for the angler who is just getting started using fluorocarbon lines, Seaguar Red Label seems to be one of the few (if not the only) product out there that can offer truly good performance at a fair price.
A quick note, if you are currently using Berkley Vanish and are willing to increase your budget just a little bit, do yourself a favor and pick up Red Label. The performance boost will be more than worth it!
About the brand
Seaguar's scientists invented fluorocarbon fishing line back in 1971, and it was their goal to pack it with high performance, never-seen-before features to help freshwater anglers everywhere catch more fish.
They are ranked as the best brand when it comes to fluorocarbon, and they are the only company who makes its own resins and controls the process from start to finish. Seaguar has also made the world's only Double Structure fluorocarbon line that combines two exclusive Seaguar resins for high performance fishing.
Seaguar's most popular fluorocarbon fishing lines:
Some of the professionals Seaguar works with:
- Drew Benton
- Matt Becker
- Aaron Britt